Applying for your subclass 417 working holiday visa
Here is a breakdown of what to do…
Website for UK residents:
About this visa:
- Basically this visa is a temporary visa for people who want to holiday and work in Australia for up to a year
- You must be outside Australia when you apply
- This visa is for anyone who is at least 18 but not yet 31
- You must have at least $5000(AUD)/£2740 in your bank account to prove you have sufficient funds to access
- With this visa you can work with a single employer for up to six months only
- You can leave and re-enter Australia as many times as you like whilst the visa is valid
- plus $5.94(AUD) surcharge – cheeky buggers!
- £256.94 = total cost in GBP
- 75 per cent of applications process in 14 days
- 90 per cent of applications process in 32 days
Visa step by step:
- Create an ImmiAccount
- Your personal details (you will need your passport to hand for this)
- Omg I am actually getting nervous butterflies filling this in… like good nervous, like omg excited, like omg is this actually happening.
- Just to note you can apply for your visa up to 12 months before you plan to go to Australia.
- Most nurses will be required to have a medical as part of the visa process. This will include bloods and a chest xray. I will obvs keep you updated.
Sh*t… basically I just applied for my working holiday visa and it literally took me like half an hour. I planned to go through step by step how I did it but it was mainly common sense (note I have no common sense LOL). So i’m not going to get too excited because knowing me I have probs done something wrong but omgjauwnwonwhwiwk.
Step one – apply for working holiday visa DONE!